Do you get stiff and sore sitting at a desk all day?
You are not the only one! On Average Australian workers spend 6.3 hours a day sitting down. We’ve put together a few easy stretches you can do to keep yourself moving at work!
- NECK STRETCHES
- Sit with your back supported
- Keeping your head facing forward, slowly tilt your ear towards your shoulder
- Stop when you feel a gentle stretch in your neck, just below your ear
- Hold for 20 seconds and then swap sides
- UPPER BACK ROTATION
- Sit on the edge of your desk chair
- Turn your body one direction, and grab onto the back of the chair until you feel a stretch in your upper back
- Hold for 20-30 seconds and then swap sides
- SEATED LOWER BACK STRETCH
- Whist sitting gently bend forward towards your legs until you feel a stretch in your lower back
- Hold for 20 secs, then repeat.
Remember! Your stretches should always been pain free never hurt so be gentle!