Pelvic organ prolapse
Pelvic organ prolapse is a very common issue where either parts of your bladder, uterus or rectum are no longer held in place by the muscles and other connective tissue, and start to protrude into the vagina.
Symptoms of prolapse may include
- ‘heaviness’ or ‘dragging’ in the vagina
- frequent UTI’s
- Difficulty emptying your bladder or bowel (or a weak stream).
We are able to help with:
- a detailed assessment of proplapse severity
- pessary prescription and management
- advice on long term prolapse management (including surgeries)